Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Mary Jo Kopechne was unavailable for comment."

A Google search shows that what popped into my mind isn't original, but it is fitting. I shed no tears for Ted Kennedy, none whatsoever.

Billy Beck remembers that goddamn bastard, justly:
The horrible thing is gone now. I hope it died choking like Josef Stalin.
Note to Billy: my father always said that the existence of evil means there cannot be an omnipotent, benevolent Supreme Being, but I countered that the existence of monstrous evil is reason he should at least wonder if there's a hell. And I tell you, my friend, there is a special place reserved for the goddamn bastard.

Here's one of the pictures Yahoo News used today. I guess he was doing his "Mary Jo drowning" impersonation.



I despised Kennedy for who he was and what he did. After his brain cancer was announced, I still never developed the least bit of sympathy for him. I say openly that I can only hope he died in the most wretched misery imaginable, with the cancer spreading throughout his body such that all his systems were shutting down in excruciating pain.

No doubt that liberals will accuse me of being cold-blooded, but it was he who was so cold-blooded. No one should have to ask me what I'm referring to. I was not yet born when the "water-based incident" happened, yet I know. My father did his duty and told me when I was old enough; it would have been at least 20 years ago.

No doubt that people of varying political persuasions will say that mine is a horrible hope, that I've never known anyone who died of cancer. The truth is that I have. That's how I know it still wouldn't have been appropriate punishment for who he was and what he did.

As if we needed another example of how Republicans are so weak, Michelle Malkin writes,
Put aside your ideological differences for an appropriate moment and mark this passing with solemnity.

There is a time and place for political analysis and criticism. Not now.
Why "not now"? Expose the goddamn bastard for who he was, and tell of all the evils he did from every mountaintop. No one should have qualms to speak ill of evil, even if dead. I recently said I had no tears for Cory Aquino, and I heralded news of Molly Ivins' death with "Ding dong, the bitch is dead." I can be so blunt because I know the mere act of death does not confer respect.

This goddamn bastard was worse than both put together. Kennedy was not just any regular worshipper of the state. It was not sufficient for him to be, say, a Paul Krugman that taught people to cling to false gods. No, he had to spend virtually all of his adult life, when not too inebriated or cheating in school, in what's absurdly called "public service." It's as much "service" to the "public" as the book "To Serve Man" in the old Twilight Zone episode: the pursuit of forcing everyone to bow to the state, feeding others to the beast he so happily served. So God damn him, literally.

Nick Gillespie's wishful thinking is that Kennedy's death is "(Hopefully) of an Era." Does he honestly think it will make a difference? This was not a king who died without an heir. This was one man of hundreds "in charge" in power who share the same evil visions of subjecting man to state. Has Gillespie never noticed that when any of them die, there is always a steady supply of successors, "The Next Generation" that is worse than the one before?

Don Boudreaux, the quintessential Southern gentleman (which I can knowingly say, having had the pleasure of meeting him), rightfully expressed no grief and ably pointed out Kennedy's hypocrisy:
You report that Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick supports “changing state law to allow him to appoint an interim successor to Sen. Edward Kennedy’s seat while a special election is held” (”Gov. would OK law change for Kennedy successor,” August 26). You report also that only last week a dying Sen. Kennedy requested this rule change.

But you fail to mention that the very rule that Sen. Kennedy last week pleaded be scuttled is a rule that he himself lobbied for in 2004. As your own Jeff Jacoby wrote last week, “Kennedy wants the Legislature to upend the succession law it passed in 2004, when – at his urging – it stripped away the governor’s longstanding power to temporarily fill a Senate vacancy. Back then, John Kerry was a presidential candidate and Republican Mitt Romney was governor; Kennedy lobbied state Democrats to change the law so that Romney couldn’t name Kerry’s successor.”

To the very end, Mr. Kennedy displayed his lack of principles. And your paper continues to display its reporting biases.
As my father said about Ayatollah Khomeini, "I hope that bastard rots in hell!"

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger jk said...

I can usually come up with something nice about a dead guy (and he did champion trucking and airline deregulation in the Carter years..) but I cannot.

He was cruel and collectivist and patrician. I wish I believed in hell.

Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home