Sunday, August 09, 2009

Comment and e-mail policy

I've never posted a formal policy before. I shouldn't have to, but in this ideal world, it's inevitable that you run into morons.

It was a bit over three years ago when I had to institute comment moderation, because 300 NYPigD decided to spam my blog after I "dared" to criticize them for ticketing cab drivers at an "unapproved" spot outside Grand Central. I deleted some of the most vile

And then in April, a bunch of Filipinos went ape-shit because I (truthfully) called Charice "overrated." They can like her screeching if they want; people think Mariah Carey is a good singer, too. After they spammed comments all over my blog, I again instituted comment moderation and have kept it on. As I said, can I be expected to engage in any sort of intellectual reasoning with such illiterate nitwits?
ppl lyk that should be ignored...y should we argue w/ that guy or anyone who r not impressed w/ charice? taste can't be quantified...that's a thousand year old fact...
So here we go: comments are 100% moderated and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Now, I don't ever want to spend so much as a second to delete spam, even if my readers won't see them, so leaving a comment requires a Google ID or OpenID (LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM). If you have a point to make, feel free to comment. I will not delete your comment just because you disagree with me, but if you want to pick a fight, you'd better know what you're doing.

In general, I will keep your e-mails and names private. However, if you're being enough of an ass, they will be posted as I see fit.

If you posted a comment but I didn't allow it through, and you have a rational reason for asking why I didn't, just send me an e-mail.

2 Comments:

Blogger J-Luck said...

I hope this had nothing to do with me, lol.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Not at all! Glad you're still visiting. Stop in anytime.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home