Monday, December 11, 2006

Cologne review: Jeter's olfactory mess "Driven"

Just like the Yankees, Derek Jeter's new men's fragrance comes on strong and finishes poorly. A couple of Avon reps were handing out samples the other day in the lobby where I work. They gave me a couple, one of which I tried last night, and all I can say is, YUCK! It's as if the designer(s) tried to imitate Kenneth Cole Signature but had no hope of capturing the complex wood notes. I don't know what's wrong with Jeter's nose that he allowed his name to be put on something with "all the finesse of Old Spice," as I said before about Axe body sprays. At least when Michael Jordan lent his name to a cologne, it was a simple but citrus-evergreen fresh cologne that finished cleanly.

My favorite cologne (of those I still have) is still Christian Dior's citrus-based "Higher Dior," which I think is my second favorite cologne ever. When that bottle is done, I'll switch my main scent to a more Oriental type by going back to my favorite cologne ever, Bulgari Extreme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home