Thursday, June 15, 2006

I really dislike deleting comments summarily

...but some people don't have a clue. You have raving liberals on one side, whose entire lives are about stealing every last dollar from those who produce (or produced and handed it down to their children, which is their right). Then you have authoritarians on the other side, Mini-Me Giulianis who claim to want "law and order," when in fact they only want to make our lips as boot-blacked as theirs.

Well, Paul doesn't want to give it up. He brought a bunch of friends over to spew their propaganda, which is bad enough, but the vile words was out of hand. Frankly, I'll be damned if I'll let them turn my blog into a playground where they act out their fantasies of being jack-booted thugs. They can bow to authority all they want, but I will not, and they will never make me.

Paul left another comment, but I only had to see the first two lines to know it was time to delete it. He said I should pull up my diapers and be a man. Wow, now that's high philosophy, isn't it? So I ignored the rest, scrolled to the end, and clicked Blogger's little garbage can icon. If only it were so easy to wipe out these little tin-plated, overbearing, swaggering Denebian slime devils with delusions of godhood.

It's cops like Paul claims to be that make me wonder now how many future innocent victims are saved anytime a uniform is killed or left work-disabled. I know that sounds cold and heartless, because it is, but let's start facing the facts of police brutality and harassment against all the wrong people. And what's really sad is that Paul probably isn't even directing school traffic in a 200-person town. It wasn't until the end that he claimed to be one, and he has an awful lot of time to make his diatribes throughout the day.

I saw one NYPD at the northwest corner of 43rd and Vanderbilt this morning, leaning against the corner of the building and watching traffic go by. Don't you love this efficient use of tax dollars in keeping us safe?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

No, marcus, the problem is that cops think they have the RIGHT (not just authority) to tell people what to do REGARDLESS of whether they're committing a crime. Since you brought it up, please answer this: do you think police should enforce bad laws, or should they actually THINK and refuse?

Earlier I was talking with my friend Charlie, and we made the point almost simultaneously that "just doing my job" is no better than the SS (my example) or concentration camp guards (Charlie's example).

The problem isn't that they're out to get me, but that they're out to get anyone who doesn't bow and scrape before them.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

"So cops tell u what to do when u are doing something stupid."

As anyone with a basic understanding of fundamental civil rights could tell you, that is not the job of a police department. As an American, I have a right to be as stupid as I want to, as long as I do not infringe upon the rights of and/or otherwise fundamentally effect other people. And as Perry very obviously pointed out, cabs stopping along that street does not cause a problem because people are SMART and GO AROUND, all without the help of the police.

"you make it sound like theyre all out to get you."

War on drugs? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? How many people dead, how many homes broken into in the middle of the night only to find that, "oops, we had the wrong house...sorry for the flash-bangs and shooting your dog."

Also, I would just like to say in advance that regardless of how this discussion turns out, I automatically win because I know how to spell "you" properly.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

guyonthesubway, look again. It may not be an official (marked) traffic lane, but vehicles use it ever day to get around the cabs.

Once again, the only traffic problems I've ever seen at that intersection have been caused by the NYPD setting up barricades.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

To guyonthesubway:

I won't deny there have been enough accidents at that corner, but I've never seen any. Cabbies don't pick up passengers right at the corner, anyway, because of the stop sign ahead. Also, picking up passengers on 43rd will cause traffic jams.

Interesting link. Of course, it's completely wrong what the "discoverer" did. As a matter of law, the person did not find "abandoned" property, because he's quite aware the rightful owner is trying to get it back. Still, I can only wonder how much money and time is worth wasting on one device. It's one of those situations where all you can say is, "The Lord reward you," give up, and hope God dispenses justice to him in this life or the next. You can file a report with the police, but ultimately there really isn't anything they can do.

I rather liked the part, "Officer S. told me that I and my cop buddy were in a lot of trouble right now and I better come up with a name." Mmhmm, serving and protecting there. "He said you don't come into a police station and tell the officer there what is a crime and what isn't." What was I saying again about police enforcing the law as they see fit?

You seem like an intelligent person otherwise, so why don't you, putting it as bluntly as you guys did to Abner Louima, stick a plunger up your ass? If you think I'm a dork, well, in my finest Dick Cheney voice, go fuck yourself. I will quote Star Trek if and when I want, thank you very much.



To pursuitspeed:

I'll take what you first said as a compliment, but I don't think anyone deserves to be complimented for merely trying to live his life without harming others, which is what I strive to do.

You said that it's not true "that the police enforce the laws they want to enforce," but what, then, do you think you're doing if you "don't comply because [you] believe it is not in the public's best interest"? I'm not trying to be argumentative with you; I'm only pointing out your self-contradiction. It's true that you can be held liable if you don't enforce certain parts of the law, but that's because of negligence in your responsibilities, not for the mere refusal.

Without going into details, I was once the victim of two overzealous deputies, and then a DA who thought he could turn me into another notch on his belt. My "vindication" cost several hundred dollars in attorney's fees, and it all started with two insignificant assholes who decided that THEY knew what was a crime.

I don't know if a supervisor's orders are why the NYPD started issuing tickets, or why they've apparently stopped. You could be right, but I look more fundamentally at the issue.

A "ride along" might be interesting, I suppose, but I'm really just too busy. You should know that I do have an idea of what law enforcement goes through. One of my immediate family members, sadly now estranged, put in his 20 years on the force, and he used to tell me some stories when we were on better terms. It was a lot different, since he was in an urban area upstate. I doubt there are any citizens groups in my quiet corner of Westchester, whether for my town or the larger jurisdiction of which we are a part.

Monday, June 19, 2006 11:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home