Thursday, March 02, 2006

A year later -- happy birthday!

In the last couple of days of trying to recuperate from things, I completely forgot last night. The Eidelblog turned one year old!

What a year: 614 posts through last night. That's 1.68 posts per day, which is higher on days I did blog, since I usually don't blog much on weekends. It would be even higher had I the time to blog about every political issue I'd like. I hope that I've provoked you into thinking, and in my own way given you some fresh ammunition against the evil forces (often related) of big government and bad economics. There's a lot of economics we can learn from everday life, and when we apply those principles to macro levels, we see the failures of big government that only worsens things. The U.S. economy endures so well despite those policies, not because of them.

Like last December, I'd like to do another pledge drive. I'm not looking for donations, unless any of you would like to buy me a drink sometime if you happen to live in or will be visiting the New York metropolitan region. What I'd like to ask for is help increasing my readership. If you like what you read here, if you believe in the principles of free markets, limited government and the rule of law, then tell ten friends about the Eidelblog. Though I consider myself more libertarian now, those principles are (or should be) embraced by conservatives too.

My repeated request is a serious one: write down the names of ten friends, e-mail them the main link to my blog, and recommend that they take a look. Don't be shy about telling liberal/leftist friends who will probably disagree with me. To paraphrase the Apostle Paul, how do you know, O reader, whether you will bring such a friend to the light? Besides, some liberals do come up with excellent arguments, and like Bruce Bartlett said, it helps me strengthen my weak arguments that would otherwise go unchecked.

If I may say so myself, there's a good message here on my blog. Please help me spread the word, and thereby reduce society's radical ignorance (that they are unaware of the Eidelblog and don't even know they are unaware) and high search costs.

2 Comments:

Blogger TKC said...

Happy Blogday! It has given me a lot of insight.

Friday, March 03, 2006 7:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, man... A year goes by fast, does it not?

I probably don't have time to buy you a drink when I take my wife up to NYC for the anniversary (not to mention that fact that she'd probably get pissed)... But you never know when I might find my way up there for business, so if I manage that, there's a drink on me :-)

Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home