Friday, December 09, 2005

The severity of the situation

Courtesy of a box cutter, a little bit ago I did quite a job across the back of my left thumb, just below the thumb's first joint. The accidental incision is a few millimeters deep, but it's thankfully a clean slice and not bleeding too badly. For now the crevace is packed with antibiotic ointment and covered with gauze. I won't bother going to the hospital for stitches, though a tetanus shot this weekend may be prudent.

The bandaging makes it a little cumbersome to type, so I won't be able to blog much tonight. What I'd like to do is my own little pledge drive, as Marginal Revolution and Professor Bainbridge did last week. Mine is different, though. I've never asked for monetary tips and never will, because that doesn't fit with my vision of the Eidelblog. But if you're in or will be in the New York metropolitan area and would like to buy me a drink and chat, that is a tip I can truly appreciate. Better yet, drop a few dollars in the next Salvation Army kettle you see.

The pledge I ask for is spreading the word. If you like what I say here, then pledge to send the Eidelblog's main URL to ten of your friends who don't read my blog. Tell them they might like one of my central themes, using economics to explain everyday events. Even if they're not interested in economics, politics and Star Wars, recommend the Eidelblog because I fundamentally focus on individual freedom. Tell them, "Hey, check this out, he has some ideas."

Also tell them about Capital Freedom, Don Luskin, and Josh Hendrickson's Dobbs Report. They're the three blogs that I read on a daily basis, and you should do the same. I apologize in advance to my other blogging friends, [let me rephrase here, the original sounded really convoluted], because it isn't that I don't want to read your blogs every day, but that my time has become so limited. I can't even blog on everything I'd like, because I haven't had the time or got sidetracked.

2 Comments:

Blogger TKC said...

First a wall, now boxcutters. Keep this up and somebody is going to want to pass a law to save you from yourself. ;)

But seriously, mend swiftly.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Ha! Well, the wall was...an involuntary reflex. And cutting myself was purely accidental.

Maybe it's something in the air. I also seem to be running into things (and people) at work.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home