Wednesday, November 02, 2005

"You are so...beautiful."

"Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" was officially released today on DVD! I just spent a much-needed evening relaxing and watching it. I'd only seen it once before, in the theatre on opening weekend.

At lunchtime today (well, Tuesday, it's now Wednesday), I strolled up to the Borders at Columbus Circle to buy my copy. And how gorgeous Monday and Tuesday were: high 60s for the high with lots of sunshine, and it may have even been a little warm to be wearing a wool suit coat. What a far cry from most of October, which was the wettest month for much of the Northeast (and correspondingly cool). Central Park, not far from where I work, had the heaviest rainfall, 16.73 inches. The previous October record was 13.31 inches, set in 1903.

Episode III's "love scenes" (if you can call them that) weren't as bad as I remember, but at times their dialogue was silly enough. In real life, Anakin should have been given an F for such an unoriginal line, but I suppose the effort was worth a C-minus. (The only time I've said such a thing, I said she was "the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." With that specification and my sincerity, no one should be surprised that my compliment was far better received than a silly cliché.) Then Padmé replied, "It's only because I'm so in love." And he countered, as if he were the Eliza AI satire of years ago (bonus points to whoever remembers that), "No, it's because I'm so in love with you." Yuck, George!

Still, I loved Episode III. It's not the best of the six, but as a pure tragedy, it's my favorite of them all.

My previous entries on Star Wars: Update: I forgot to include this atypical PG-13 entry, in which I merely featured this screenshot of how my friend Jackie Passey views Obi-Wan:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home