Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The 2009 Rockefeller Center Christmas tree

Taken today around a quarter past 5. Looking back at past trees, this one isn't as large as 2006's, but I think it's the most magnificent since I began photographing them in 2005. Walking past it, it seems so much fuller than its predecessors.



I don't know if this is a good barometer of the local economy, since it might have been from the cold weather, but there definitely weren't as many people at Rockefeller Center this evening. I had no trouble at all getting into the best spot. Even walking down Fifth Avenue afterward, there weren't the usual thick crowds of tourists.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i see you were here dec 23rd.my fiance proposed to me on this date,here between 745-9pm.by any chance do you have any pics or videos of it?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

I was already gone by then, sorry, but let me congratulate you both and wish you the very best!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home