Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Blarney Frank -- the same blubbering old fool, and hardly frank in his reply

I'll call him "Blarney" from now on because that's all that comes out of his mouth. Via Michelle Malkin, check out a student asking Blarney Frank how much responsibility does Frank think he bears for the current crisis. Thank goodness this was caught on media, because understanding Frank requires several rewindings to get every word. Is he deaf that he didn't understand the question, or was he fearful of being caught that he got so defensive?

When the student said, "You're a public representative, I'm a student," Frank interrupted, "Oh, which allows you to say things which you don't back up." Rude and a non sequitur, but what else could we expect?

The student was not making any allegations or assertions, but asking an open-ended question. He was remarkably composed, compared to how I'd be. "It does [interrupting laughter] it does allow me to ask you a question, I'm waiting for you to explain, how much, if any, responsibility do you think you have?"

Then Frank went on a tangent about the student being "entitled" to his freedom of speech. See how gracious Lord Frank is, to permit a peasant to rise up from a prostrate position for a few moments? Even so, how dare the peasant make the lord think he was being accusatory!

The student clarified for the functionally illiterate Frank, "I didn't accuse you of anything." All he was asking was, how much responsibility does Frank think he has for this crisis, considering he pushed through all the gargantuan "stimulus" and TARP legislation? "If you say 'none,' that's fine!"

Frank still couldn't answer the question, getting more defensive about the "accusation," babbling about trying to get hedge funds registered and the "right-wing" attacks on him, and incorrectly saying the student called on him to "apologize." The student never said that!

And Frank lied. "Congress did not vote to give AIG that -- money." Not originally, no, because it was initially done through the Federal Reserve. But subsequent funds came out of the "Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008," which Bernanke specifically pushed for as the means of "saving" financial companies, including AIG, and which Frank not only voted for but co-sponsored.

Now who's being "disingenuous"?

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Scorpius said...

The guy is pathologically guilty. This is the moment that Police Officers dream about, write Police dramas about. Where the guilty party just falls apart.

I'd expect the blubbering fool to fall down and start screaming "I'm sorry!" but it's not in his nature.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 4:53:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

See how gracious Lord Frank is, to permit a peasant to rise up from a prostrate position for a few moments? Even so, how dare the peasant make the lord think he was being accusatory!

PRECISELY! That peasant will be the first to be purged after the political opposition.

The American dream of life liberty and pursuit of happiness is close to death.

This is a great blog, Perry. You pull no punches. More power to you.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Thank you, Size. In four years, I've become more earthy, more blunt. The time for "politeness" had, in fact, ended long before my first blog post!

I am reminded by great words, wise words, that most Americans have never heard. They know the last words at the end of the speech, but not the entirety of Patrick Henry's speech or why he said these words:

"No man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the House. But different men often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony. The questing before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.

"Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it."

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger BlogDog said...

You're more polite than I. The term I use for Congress-with-a-man Frank is "mushmouthed Sodomite."

Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home