A note to Abraham Biggs Sr.: go off yourself also
1. It was not up to the rest of us to save your son. He was his own person. If a person really wants to kill himself, there's nothing the rest of us can do.
2. You said, "It's a shame I wasn't there to help him." Is that all you can say, "It's a shame"? This was your son, you stone-hearted asshole. If it were my son, I'd be too grief-stricken for weeks to make more than five words in comment.
3. The rest of us don't live there. You live there, and your son died in your bed. So where were you when your son needed someone? Are you so emotionally removed from your own seed that you didn't see or heed any warning signs?
Police didn't arrive until 12 hours after the suicide announcement. Didn't anybody in your household think to check on him, or do you customarily leave someone alone for half a day? He was 19 years old, on prescription medicine, apparently doing nothing all day but surfing the WWW. Nobody wondered where he was when he wasn't seen even to get food in the kitchen?
Oh, but you were "working"...just what do you think the rest of us do?
4. People who announce suicide intentions tend to be craving attention more than death. Your son was the boy who cried wolf, so why should anyone have taken him seriously?
5. If you think it's easy to send over the police when someone threatens to kill himself online, you're a complete moron about life, not to mention clueless about modern technology. You're assuming that the police will take this seriously: why should they divert scarce manpower when the kid could be crying wolf again?
And at minimum, to track the person, the website operator must be notified. Responsible admins just don't hand over IP addresses to anyone who claims to be law enforcement, no matter how "urgent" the matter may seem, so the police department's credentials must be verified. Then the corresponding ISP must be contacted, meaning law enforcement credentials must be verified again. This all takes time.
So your son had mental problems, which I suspect is because you couldn't raise him properly, and you want to blame and "regulate" the rest of us for your own shortcomings?
Go to hell, asshole. The "shame" is that you didn't die instead of him, because if anyone is to blame, it's you.