Saturday, September 20, 2008

This is why you shouldn't give checks as wedding gifts

A couple of my in-laws gave us a not unsubstantial amount of money. I wish they hadn't, but it's rude to refuse gifts given so generously.

Well, the check...bounced. They probably didn't expect us to deposit it so quickly. The bank didn't return it to me, so I presume it's being returned to my in-laws. They'll realize what happened, then, although we won't bring it up. They really didn't have to give us anything, and they were too nice to take us to dinner this week anyway.

Anyway, as the title says, if you want to give money as a wedding gift, cash is best.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it's awesome of you to blog about it. and it's funny that you post something for all the world to see, but block links from other posts describing your post. You want your opinion known to the world, but can't handle the fact that not everyone agrees with it!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Curious that you should post without reading through the full history.

The putz is petty because I proved him wrong about American Idol, but I considered him a blog friend (silly me) and so closed the thread to prevent arguing. So after that, he lied about me, lied about my wife, and he lies about...well, just about everything else. So why should I give him the time of day?

I've been meaning to debunk his latest lies for months, but you know what, it's not worth my time to deal with liars like him.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home