Sunday, October 14, 2007

An important announcement

This is the most important announcement of my life. I'm still in the Philippines on my vacation. And, I'm not alone.

Tonight, as the sun was setting on the beach at Boracay, she agreed to marry me. She wasn't expecting it, at least not at this time despite the very romantic setting, so in her natural shyness, she could only cover her face, smile and say, "I'm speechless! I don't know what to say." I replied, "Say yes."

So with all apologies to the single women of the world, Perry is now taken. We're both overwhelmed because everything has happened a lot faster than with most people, but it feels so right. It's still sinking in just what happened, but like some songs say:
Love
Look at the two of us
Strangers in many ways
Let's take a lifetime to say
I knew you well
For only time
Can tell us so
And love may grow for all we know
Or
Where do I begin?
To tell the story of how great a love can be
The sweet love story that is older than the sea
The simple truth about the love she brings to me
With her first hello
She gave new meaning to this empty world of mine
There'll never be another love, another time
She came into my life and made the living fine
She fills my heart, she fills my heart!
With many special things
With angel songs
With wild imaginings
She fills my soul with so much love
That anywhere I go
I'm never lonely
With her along
Who could be lonely?
I reach for her hand
She's always there
There's also one of my favorite James Bond themes, which I was belting out the other night at a karaoke bar in Davao, the major city in Mindanao.
For your eyes only, can see me through the night
For your eyes only I never need to hide
You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new
I never felt until I looked at you
For your eyes only, only for you
You'll see what no-one else can see, and now I'm breaking free
For your eyes only, only for you
The love I know you need in me, the fantasy you've freed in me
Only for you, only for you

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger TeeEll said...

Congratulations, Perry!

Judging from your musical selections, I'm guessing you went to a lot of weddings in the early '70s. :)

"White lace and promises,
A kiss for luck
And we're on our way."

Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger ChrisJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, October 15, 2007 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger ChrisJ said...

Remember the moment well, Perry my friend. It'll come in handy when everyone is offering opinions about wedding details.

Or, just elope, and create new memories. Skydiving Elvis memories.

HA!

Congrats! Have a safe flight home!

Monday, October 15, 2007 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger jk said...

Congrats! (And hard to beat Johnny Mercer: " Happy together, unhappy together, won't it be fine"

Monday, October 15, 2007 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Dan from Madison said...

Well then! Congrats! Looking forward to photos of the chicken dance at the reception.

Monday, October 15, 2007 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger TKC said...

Congrats Perry!

Monday, October 15, 2007 5:07:00 PM  
Blogger QandO said...

Congrats to you both Perry. Enjoy every moment.

Friday, November 02, 2007 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Congrats! Good luck to you and the future Mrs... Been a while since I stopped by, but I'm glad I did. I think you guys have a world of fun ahead of you...

Friday, December 07, 2007 3:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home