Monday, October 08, 2007

Greetings from Hong Kong

It was a miserable flight. We were having mechanical difficulties with an engine at JFK, delaying our departure for almost four hours. Because Cathay Pacific's rules prohibit a crew working more than 20 hours straight, we couldn't go straight to Hong Kong as planned. We had to go to Beijing, where we stopped for a few hours to refuel, have the engine checked again, and take on a fresh flight crew. The reason Beijing was closer is because we flew over the top of the world, literally, going over the North Pole. I took several pictures of the Moon and what I think is Venus, sitting beautifully over the sunrise; we'll see how those turn out.

Right now it's 6:38 a.m. Hong Kong time. I have an hour to go before my first available connection to Manila, and in about 20 minutes I'll hit the duty free shops, once they open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home