Thursday, December 07, 2006

Blessed is he who comes in the name of Arthur Laffer

There was a debate tonight at the Donnelley Public Library in midtown, which I wouldn't have missed for the world.



Alan Reynolds himself! His opponent in the debate was Nomi Prins. I'm not saying this because I agree with Reynolds and think Prins is a misguided leftist, but Reynolds completely outclassed her. He cited statistics and actual trends; she could only cite anecdotes. I don't know about any of you, but I have yet to meet a single mother who "works several jobs" while caring for several children and going to school. That's not to say such people don't exist, but such people are far from the norm.

More on the debate tomorrow. I really enjoyed it for how it illustrated the two polar opposites: the side that fears anybody possessing more wealth than others, and the side that knows any increase in wealth is good for everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home