Thursday, August 31, 2006

Where's Perry?

The last couple of months have been so busy for me, yet they're nothing compared to the last few weeks. There's been a lot to do at work, and still more. I believe I've really put in hard, productive, smart and resourceful work, and though this isn't my motivation, let me say that I hope my boss agrees with me when we get bonuses and raises in December.

I must be getting old. Lately I've needed more sleep, and not just on weekends to catch up. Sometimes during the week I can't keep my eyes open past 11 p.m., when only several weeks ago I did Mondays through Fridays just fine on three or four hours. It's not advisable to sleep so little, but I never seem to have enough time for everything, and 20-30 minute naps on Metro-North to and from work would sustain me until the weekend. Then not long ago, I tried going back to my limited-sleep routine after sleeping very well for two nights in a row. My heart raced the entire day, though all I had were a couple of cups of black tea (not that much caffeine compared to coffee or stimulants), and I was afraid of having a heart attack.

So, my blogging has been a bit light, and I haven't even been doing the daily Trek quote challenge. In the next little while I'll try to organize my time better so I can blog more often, and also answer e-mails with better timeliness. Some of you e-mail me now and then, even regularly, and I apologize that I am not getting back to everybody.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reaching the realization I'm getting a bit older... It really set in last year when I was trying to drive from Atlanta to Chicago. I left with the wife on a Friday afternoon after work, thinking we'd just drive through the night. In college, I used to do that all the time. A few cups of coffee, and I'd be good to go. But not any more. About 3 AM, when I was too tired to keep my eyes open, we had to pull over and get a room for the night.

But before you chalk it up to age, remember that it might be due to changes in diet or other parts of your life. Have you had any changes (even just a week or so) like that?

Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home