Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Daily Star Trek Quote Challenge, 8/15/2006

- Then our first step will be to eradicate its population. It's the only way.

- You can't do that.

- Why not?

- Because a true victory is to make your enemy see that they were wrong to oppose you in the first place...to force them to acknowledge your greatness.

- Then you kill them?

- Only if necessary.

- I had no idea.

- Perhaps the biggest disappointment in my life is that the Bajoran people still refuse to appreciate how lucky they were to have me as their liberator. I protected them in so many ways, cared for them as if they were my own children. But to this day, is there a single statue of me on Bajor?

- I would guess not.

- And you'd be right.


Whew, I've been busy at work before, but I have been positively swamped since Monday last week. Sorry for not stopping by, Lord Boner, to exchange greetings over morning tea.

With Israel and Hezbollah each claiming victory, and I think it's real defeat for Israel at Olmert's hands, I couldn't help but think of a certain Trek megalomaniac's definition of victory.

2 Comments:

Blogger blogantine said...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Episode 530 - "The Sacrifice of Angels"

WEYOUN: Then our first step will be to eradicate its population. It's the only way.

DUKAT: You can't do that.

WEYOUN: Why not?

DUKAT: Because a true victory is to make your enemy see that they were wrong to oppose you in the first place...to force them to acknowledge your greatness.

WEYOUN: Then you kill them?

DUKAT: Only if necessary.

WEYOUN: I had no idea.

DUKAT: Perhaps the biggest disappointment in my life is that the Bajoran people still refuse to appreciate how lucky they were to have me as their liberator. I protected them in so many ways, cared for them as if they were my own children. But to this day, is there a single statue of me on Bajor?

WEYOUN: I would guess not.

DUKAT: And you'd be right.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:05:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Winner! I loved Marc Alaimo's inflections in "to force them to acknowledge your greatness." He must have had a great time playing Dukat.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home