Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Daily Star Trek Quote Challenge, 8/2/2006

This is all I have the energy to post tonight, I'm afraid. Today was quite draining, in no small part from just a few hours of sleep last night. New York has been really hot for the last several days (Central Park today peaked in the very upper 90s with a heat index of 106), but last night was particularly bad. Even with a strong air conditioner and a fan blowing directly on me, I was miserable all night. Well, after analyzing my general lack of sleep for the last month, even on weekends, tonight I'd better get some rest. There have been so many important things to do at work, and my tasks today sapped nearly all of my stamina.

So, today's Daily Star Trek Quote Challenge:

"Sleep, Data...sleep."

OK, that one is too easy. How about:

- Do you think the other Federation worlds are going to sit back and let their President be replaced by a military dictatorship?

- Hardly a dictatorship, ____.

- Overthrowing a legitimately elected President and giving Starfleet direct control over the government? Sounds like a dictatorship to me, and I'm sure I won't be the only one who thinks so.

- There'll be some dissenters at first, but they'll fall in line once they realize strengthening Earth is the first step toward strengthening the Federation.

1 Comments:

Blogger blogantine said...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Episode 484 - "Paradise Lost"

SISKO: Do you think the other Federation worlds are going to sit back and let their President be replaced by a military dictatorship?

LEYTON: Hardly a dictatorship, Ben.

SISKO: Overthrowing a legitimately elected President and giving Starfleet direct control over the government? Sounds like a dictatorship to me, and I'm sure I won't be the only one who thinks so.

LEYTON: There'll be some dissenters at first, but they'll fall in line once they realize strengthening Earth is the first step toward strengthening the Federation.

--
A decent episode, although I wonder if the other federation planets ever had (will have?) a problem with Earth as the home base of the presidency (or does it move around?) and of Starfleet. I'd think that the parochial interests of each species/race would dominate in their home system and cause a lot of friction with a centralized space federation.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home