Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Daily Star Trek Quote Challenge, 7/18/2006

- It's ironic. When the Klingons attacked this station, Gul Dukat and I fought side-by-side. At one point, when he was struggling with a Klingon, he turned his back to me, and I have to admit, for a moment, he made a very tempting target.

- You'd shoot a man in the back?

- That's the safest way, isn't it? But then I thought, "I can't fight all these Klingons by myself," so I let him live.

- And now you regret it.

- My dear ____, before this day is over, everyone on this station is going to regret it.

1 Comments:

Blogger blogantine said...

Star Trek: DS9
Episode 524 - "Call to Arms"

GARAK: It's ironic. When the Klingons attacked this station, Gul Dukat and I fought side-by-side. At one point, when he was struggling with a Klingon, he turned his back to me, and I have to admit, for a moment, he made a very tempting target.
ODO: You'd shoot a man in the back?
GARAK That's the safest way, isn't it? But then I thought, "I can't fight all these Klingons by myself." So I let him live.
ODO: And now you regret it.
GARAK: My dear Constable, before this day is over, everyone on this station is going to regret it.

--

I always liked these "prepare for a last stand" kind of episodes - where everyone at DS9 realizes that they are in it together and they can forget petty (but real) differences. If it were only like that in the real world!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home