Friday, June 23, 2006

Announcing the Daily Star Trek Quote Challenge

I've wanted to do this for a while. Someone recently left a rude comment that I should cut out the Star Trek stuff, so I decided that it's time.

Most days between 9 a.m. and noon (Eastern Time, times will vary), I'm going to post a Star Trek quote. To win, simply be the first to leave a comment with who said the quote (and to whom, if applicable), the episode or movie name, and the series (update: not necessary, really, it should be obvious from the character and name). Sources will come from TOS, TNG, DS9 and all movies. Difficulty will vary, but I won't post anything too easy or too obscure. While I can't offer any physical prizes, you can win bragging rights. I'll keep track of the winners and post a tally at the end of the month. However, if someone wins a majority of the year, I'll come up with a physical prize to recognize such Trek nerdiness.

Daily Star Trek Quote Challenge for 6/23/2006: "But sometimes you just need to trust yourself and turn it all off. Even the gypsy violins."

Today I must disqualify my friend Steve Tomer, who recently reminded me of this one. I was embarrassed at not recognizing it for several seconds. Steve and I watched so much Star Trek in junior high and high school that at one point we could quote entire scenes verbatim.

Official rules:

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Batteries, computer hardware, computer software and Internet connection not included. Some restrictions may apply. The Eidelblog shall in no way be held liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from use of its product, including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geordi LaForge in "Booby Trap", right?

Friday, June 23, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Good! But you forgot to include to whom he said it. However, it's only the first day.

And so Quincy takes the first lead.

Friday, June 23, 2006 2:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To whom did he say it? (I think I've got a clue, but...)

Friday, June 23, 2006 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

The holodeck recreeation of Leah Brahms.

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, good, that's what I was thinking.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home