Friday, March 17, 2006

St. Patrick's Day fashions

It's my favorite holiday because of the pure celebratory nature, and in recent years I've liked getting into the spirit of things. I wore a green tie (just a little lighter than emerald, with a subdued pattern) with matching handkerchief, and cufflinks made from a jade-like Colombian stone. Green doesn't really look good on me, I never thought, so I wear it only on St. Patrick's Day. However, the tie and handkerchief go so well with a black suit that I'll have to do it again.

For minor office decorations, I displayed a 7" high leprechaun candle and a stainless steel Jameson cocktail shaker. Capitalism is a remarkable thing. I, of Franco-Germanic-Filipino descent, bought it at the local Hallmark store, run by someone I would guess is from India. It's safe to say he has not a drop more of Irish blood than I, yet that did not prevent us from engaging in peaceful commerce regarding traditions to which neither of us has ties by heritage. Would a central planner, determining and dictating which people were to have what resourcces, have ever dreamt of this?

Not many men wore visible green today, but quite a few women wore green sweaters. One of my co-workers is very Irish, with a face and name to fit. Today she wore a form-fitting green sweater, a black skirt not quite to her knees, and black shoes. It's a very flattering look on her that reminded me of "Riverdance."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home