Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sometimes a little rest is in order

Hopefully tonight I can resume regular posting. I've had so much to do over the last several days and haven't been resting well. Normally I sleep about four hours per night during the week, and lately I haven't been getting even that. Thankfully little naps on the Metro-North commuter trains (both going into Manhattan and coming home) sustain me.

I've also been taking metabolism-enhancing stimulants that have given me a boost in energy (very unwise to take, I know). Today I'm skipping them because I'm under even more powerful effects from what happened yesterday afternoon. I'm looking forward to a certain something next week, and my sustained eagerness has kept my heart rate very high. In fact, from pure anticipation, my pulse was already racing at 100 for a full 30 minutes beforehand, and I've been almost as excited since.

Perhaps the excitement continued through my dreams, because this morning I woke up with a bit of a nosebleed. It might signal that my blood pressure is temporarily through the roof. At lunchtime I'll visit the company medical center to have it taken. If it is high, at least it will be from a far happier cause than three years ago. Late one night, I was unable to sleep because a particular person weighed heavily upon my mind, and suddenly my nose started bleeding from the stress and high blood pressure. As great as she was, I had to admit she wasn't worth that. I had another nosebleed a couple of hours later, and another in the morning.

Update: 140/70. It's fine, the nurse assured me, though I've never had my systolic pressure so high (at least relative to my diastolic). She suggested it's the dry winter weather that prompted my nosebleed, which I had considered, but dry weather never seemed to affect my nose before.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OKAY SO WE KNOW SOMETIMES A LITTLE REST IS IN ORDER...BUT WHAT IM TRYING TO CONVEY TO YOU IS THAT SOMETIMES A LITTLE BREASTS ARE IN ORDER! THATS RIGHT, IM TALKIN' TATAS - JUGS MY FRIEND. I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE - LIKE YOUR OPINION ON THONGS FOR EXAMPLE. PRO AND CONS...

LORD BONER

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Anonymous, I had deleted your previous comment, but I think I'll keep this one so that others can see how silly (to put it mildly) you are.

Certainly many websites, other than this one, exist that can satisfy the various urges you exhibit? In fact, they can provide both the visual stimulation you seem to need, as well as suffice as an outlet for your attempts at conversation.

Even were blog less serious and even "frilly," even were female undergarments a regular topic of discussion, I'm still too much of a gentleman to talk of such things.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suspect that as unfortunate as it might be, that someone is offended by your defense of free markets and less government. Collectivists can be so clever when they are unable to match wits with you. Thank you for your blog.

Friday, February 24, 2006 3:06:00 AM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

After comparing my visitor logs with the time of the comment, I think it might be a friend teasing me.

Friday, February 24, 2006 1:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home