Thursday, January 26, 2006

Smallville episode 100 (spoilers)

I've seen the show now and then but never regularly. The stories are quite compelling, especially because they're in a big arc instead of just episodes with minor links (one of the reasons I like Star Trek DS9 over TNG). The acting is a little weak at times, but generally good for a syndicated show.

Today's New York Post had a small blurb about it, and I was quite interested to see what happened. Something between Clark and Lana? And Clark loses someone close?

After the first part, and those of you who saw the episode know what I mean, I thought, "WOW!" It was my first guess as to what would happen, but it also seemed so obvious that, nah, the writers couldn't possibly do that. Yet that's precisely what they did...and yet not what they did. "Smallville" meets "Groundhog Day," in a way.

I was shocked when Clark used his powers to run there. He knew Lex saw him, but Clark no longer cared. It no longer mattered that anyone knew his secret.

Small update: guessing that that person dying would be almost a cliche, my guess all along as to who would die turned out to be correct. But the first part fooled me.

It dragged a bit at the end and certainly heaped on the schmaltz, but overall it was very enjoyable. The acting wasn't as overdone as it could have been, which is a credit to them all.

One question, though. Never having thrown liquor into a fire, would throwing a glass of whiskey into a fireplace really make a bit of a flame for a second?

3 Comments:

Blogger Scorpius said...

Never having thrown liquor into a fire, would throwing a glass of whiskey into a fireplace really make a bit of a flame for a second?

Only if it was above 50% ethanol by volume.

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mmmm...ethanol.

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Smallville and all things Superman, for that matter, have always been my weakness. Other comic book heroes like Batman and Spiderman never really appealed to me. Although I did enjoy the X-men movie as well as the Punisher.

Friday, January 27, 2006 8:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home