Friday, January 06, 2006

One of my addictions

Well, perhaps not an addiction, but I do love chocolate. For a time I was keeping a cache of Lindt truffles at work to share with friends, buying a new bag as necessary to replenish the stash. At the end of last week, two of them had a craving for chocolate, and they knew I had recently bought a bag of white chocolate truffles. However, I got that bag for someone in particular (one of my first mental notes about her is her fondness for white chocolate).

I felt bad, so when we returned to work Tuesday, I ran over to the Lindt's store on 5th Avenue (between 54th and 55th Streets) and bought another 19-ounce bag of assorted truffles. This morning, one of my friends asked me for his "daily chocolate," inspiring me to write the following (which only took a couple of minutes):

Our Perry, who art in the proxy room,
Blessings upon your name.
Thy work be done, thy mail still come,
On the 17th floor as it is on the 16th.
Give us this day our daily truffle,
And forgive us our indulgence,
As we forgive you for indulging us.
And lead us not into gluttony,
But deliver us from calories.
For thine is the trip to Lindt's,
And the chocolates, and their storage, forever,
Amen.

(Our department is preparing to move, hence the reference to different floors.)

3 Comments:

Blogger TKC said...

One of my coworkers brought in pretzles that had been dipped in caramel and then rolled in peanuts. I know it sounds kinda nasty but they really are quite tasty.

Friday, January 06, 2006 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Scorpius said...

White Chocolate is not chocolate!

Saturday, January 07, 2006 2:07:00 AM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Strictly speaking, maybe not. But I will make an exception for Lindt truffles. They use excellent cocoa butter, instead of the vegetable oil that too many would-be confectioners use.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home