Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The 2005 Rockefeller Center Christmas tree

I wasn't content with the pictures I took Friday, especially with the crowds making it difficult to get a clear shot. Nor was I content with most I took today, but aside from someone's shadowy head in the bottom left, this one turned out very nicely.



The picture was slightly off, so I rotated it 0.4 degrees clockwise. After shaving off the uneven edges and trimming further, I finished with a 1875x2500 image that produces very vivid 4x6 prints. (E-mail me if you would like it for your own, I think it's quite a good photo, especially with capturing Prometheus in the nighttime colors.) Ideally I should bring my tripod and attempt a truly level picture, but it's cumbersome to bring on the train, and a full setup would be a nuisance to everyone else in Rockefeller Center.

Here's a picture of the 2004 Christmas tree that I took with my camera phone. Not too good, of course, but it was a fun night. After some friends and I had gone clubbing in midtown, we stopped by Rockefeller Center to say hello to a friend's friend, a graveyard shift security guard. It was nearly 3 a.m., so the tree's lights weren't on.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Blogging will have to be light tonight, as I got home late and had so much to do. Thankfully the ride home wasn't bumpy this time. Friday night, the Metro-North train rocked violently for several seconds on one section of track, which happens and ordinarily doesn't bother me. However, it occurred while I was listening to a particularly trance-ish Orbital track, and the combination gave me a sudden headache.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home