Thursday, October 27, 2005

Losing my voice

I've had a mild cold for the last week, nothing too severe. Ideally I should have stayed home, but there's been so much to do at work, and my biggest worry is only a sore throat.

Just now I was getting ready for bed, and when starting to hum something, I realized my voice is mostly gone. My range is down to less than an octave, in the bottom of my normal bass-baritone range. It's been several years since a cold made me lose my voice like this, and it's hard on me because I love to sing. But it was probably singing that did it. After getting home earlier tonight, I took my car to do a little shopping. As usual, I was singing along to the old crooners, and I likely exerted my vocal cords too much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one singer to another, try lemon tea with honey. Works every time.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home