Thursday, September 15, 2005

A speech about big government and why we should love it

I'm sad to say, that's all Bush's speech (which I'm watching right now) is. The federal government will do this. The federal government will do that.

Over $60 billion dollars, spent by Congress, demonstrates the American people's compassion? I thought we would demonstrate our compassion by donating the money ourselves, rather than allowing Congress to appropriate and spend it.

What got me most, however, is that he fell for the big lie. He, his staff and his speechwriters gave in to the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons, by directly blaming the poverty in New Orleans on racism.

1 Comments:

Blogger TKC said...

I feel the same way. Today Bush pledged not to raise taxes and that funding for hurricane relief will have to come from budget cuts. It is the right idea but I have to admit, I am skeptical about this. He has had plenty of oppertunity to be more responsible concerning the federal budget but continues to spend with abandon. It is his biggest flaw. Sadly, I don't see him changing.

Friday, September 16, 2005 5:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home