Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Not your everyday lawsuit

The New York Post reports that someone's suing a trendy city gym for "emotional distress," after he witnessed gay sex acts in the locker room and was "leered at" by other men. I wouldn't know if the allegations are true, but I think the gym managers should have had more business sense and refunded his $950. Not only will they likely spend much more than $950 on lawyers, but they've probably lost some potential customers.

There was a soundbite this morning, though, on WABC's hourly news break that made me wonder. The man said, "I've never seen any sex in there, and trust me, I've looked." He did indeed emphasize "looked," which is an unusual inflection and an unusual choice of words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home