Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A picture

After my little April Fool's joke, I thought I'd put up a real picture of me. (Click the sidebar image for the larger one.) If you look closely there's a little artifacting, but it was just a quick snapshot.

I took it with my 1.3-megapixel Aiptek, an inexpensive pocket webcam. It's decent for webcam purposes, but the camera does require a lot of light for good pictures. What you don't see in the picture are my three light sources: an overhead light, a tall inverted cone lamp (two bulbs), and a desk lamp (whose lampshade I arranged so the base pointed at me, to help reflect as much light as possible).

Sometime I'll pick up a digital camera, but I was never big even on film photography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home