Sunday, April 10, 2005

Get over it!

A note to John Kerry:

You lost, John. You can afford the most expensive psychologists in the world, but I'll give you free advice. And it's only three words: Get over it.

Kerry is again trumpeting the mythical disenfranchised Democrat/minority voter, this time at the Massachusetts League of Women Voters. By making generalizations like, "Last year too many people were denied their right to vote, too many who tried to vote were intimidated," Kerry propagates Democrats' third biggest lie. (The biggest is Social Security, and the next is the War on Poverty).

These are patently false allegations. Even the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights (headed by Mary Frances Berry, a bureaucrat finally gone) investigated, but, to sum up their report, they found nothing of this so-called "conspiracy" to disenfranchise Florida voters. As the Wall Street Journal put it last year, it's a political urban legend. You won't see this on Snopes.com, though.

John, what about me? Where were you to stand up for me when I was disenfranchised?

I wasn't intimidated by Democrats; I wasn't misinformed by Democrats who told me the wrong day to vote. I was disenfranchised by big government. I registered just before the deadline, but New York's bureaucracy never sent me my voter registration card in time. And frankly, I had to work. I didn't have time to spend all day just to wait to speak to a county judge.

So when illegal aliens steal the right to vote, I get really mad. When American citizens claim "millions of voters were disenfranchised" because "Republicans tried to suppress the black vote," or that voters were told Democrats vote on Wednesday, I get really damn incensed. If people are so ignorant that they believe different parties vote on different days, I say, that's a good thing! They disenfranchised themselves by their own stupidity. Let them stay home, because they're too stupid to deserve a place in our republic.

Kerry, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the NAACP used a lot of outright lies to frighten people into knee-jerk voting for Democrats. If these people were stupid enough to think that Democrats vote on Wednesday (which is probably just another Big Kerry Lie), if these people didn't pay enough attention in junior high civics, if these people don't pay enough attention to the newspapers and TV news, then I personally am glad they didn't get to vote.

That part about stupidity applies to you, too, John:
Kerry, using crutches as he recovers from knee surgery, suggested the United States should spend as much time promoting democracy at home as it does abroad in countries like Iraq.

"We need to go about the business of making our own democracy in America work better," he said.
The United States of America is not a democracy, John. You of all people should know that. You took an oath to uphold and defend our supreme document, which identifies us as a republic.

And besides, government can do nothing to "promote" elections among voters who are stupid or don't care. The elections worked so well in Iraq (let's not forget Afghanistan) because the people gave a damn. They wanted the right to vote so badly that you'd better believe they stayed on top of when and where they had to go to cast ballots. I hope Iraqis never develop our apathy.

My mother became a naturalized U.S. citizen, I believe, in 1991. She had to pass a moderately difficult test. I wonder if even half of American voters could pass an equivalent test. Poll taxes were made unconstitutional via an amendment, but why not have voter competency tests? In fact, let's revoke all "moter voter" laws. You won't have to pay a registration fee, nor will it be hard to register, but you'll have to do a little bit of work to show that you want it.

I'm deadly serious. I completely agree with Neal Boortz, who wrote last year,
Frankly, I'm scared to death.

I think that it would be a safe bet to say that somewhere around 35 to 40% of the voters who manage to find their way to the polling place on November 2nd are going to be voting with one thought in mind: Which one of the people on this ballot will take the most money away from people I don't particularly like and then either give that money to or spend that money on me. If you want to talk about suppressing the vote...these are the people I would like to see locked in their homes on Election Day.

I am now and have been for years a firm advocate of developing a system to limit the people who can vote in this country. We need to find a way to restrict the number of people who can vote. If we don't weed out the chaff soon it may well be too late.
I think his idea of a short political quiz is terrific, though there's a potential for certain malfunctions -- accidental and intended. Then again, we're confident enough to use electronic machines in the first place. Paper receipts can show your quiz results, as well as for whom you voted.

I filled out an official registration form and mailed it to the specified address. I was disenfranchised. On the other hand, voters in Minnesota can register on the same day, needing only one person to "vouch" for them. That's America for you: my legitimate registration was either lost or discarded, and others committed massive vote fraud.

Come to think of it, I did check the "Republican" box on my application, and a Democrat might have processed my application... If you think that sounds too "conspiracy-minded" and too farfetched to be true, well, so are the allegations of "voter disenfranchisement" that were made in Florida and Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home