Saturday, March 05, 2005

Glad I'm not the only one

I'm young, so I feel within my rights to say the following. Nor do I consider it chauvinistic.

Mudville Gazette notes what, until now, I had only observed silently. My goodness, Glenn Reynolds has linked to some pictures of really beautiful Lebanese women.

It just goes to show genes don't necessarily predict what physical features you're attracted to. Despite my French, German and Filipino bloodlines, I actually consider Mediterranean women to be the world's most beautiful. Egypt, land of Nefertiti; then up the eastern coast through Lebanon, then to Greece -- ah, Greece, land of Helen.
Helen, thy beauty is to me
Like those Nicean barks of yore,
That gently, o'er a perfumed sea,
To his own native shore.

(from "To Helen" by Edgar Allen Poe)
Then on to Italy, from where, I hold, the most beautiful women come. Ah, Italy, land of Sophia Loren and more. As Hall & Oates sang:
I see Sophia on the silver screena
There must be more like her in Roma
I believe I believe I believe in la donna Italiana belissima
I need, I need, I need some little dream come true
Please tell me where
They're keeping ya
Faccia bella, cara mia
Somebody tell me where are the Italian girls

2 Comments:

Blogger Empowerqueen said...

Never mind seeking the nationality find an interesting women and she'll beguille you for life!

Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Oh, I don't look for a specific nationality, but of the last four women I've been attracted to, three are Italian-American. Of course, living in New York state, there will be a lot of them.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home