Thursday, March 10, 2005

Feeding conspiracy theories

From the AP:
BAGHDAD, Iraq - The temporary road checkpoint where American troops mistakenly killed an Italian intelligence agent last week was set up to provide extra security for U.S. Ambassador John Negroponte, a U.S. Embassy official said Thursday.
Sgrena has effectively said the U.S. forces directly targetted her for being a journalist. Now she can claim the order came from a higher-up, and that Ambassador Negroponte must have received it straight from the White House.

2 Comments:

Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

What can I say, I've been known to dream up some weird conspiracy theories. Not that I believe them, you understand. On September 10th last year, I was already thinking, "Wow, what if the Republicans created those fake memos...it would totally discredit the Democrats!" And behold, Maurice Hinchey last month.

That is the truth. And one night not quite four years ago, I was remarking to my buddy that the United States must be blessed by God, because "we've never been victim to a major terrorist attack." That was also the night of September 10th...2001.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:53:00 AM  
Blogger Perry Eidelbus said...

Oh, I wish my life coincidences extended that far. Do you recall from Jackie's blog (which I haven't been reading much) that when I cracked a joke about Al Capone, it happened to be with someone who had an uncle that Capone's henchmen shot up?

Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home