Monday, November 07, 2005

WMD: found!

I forgot to include this in my previous post on what Paul Krugman might have written about the present riots in France. For those of you who don't read Don Luskin's blog (and you should!), he mentioned that I had sent him the link to an AP story on the riots with a remarkable discovery:
Police also found a gasoline bomb-making factory in a derelict building in Evry south of Paris, with more than 100 bottles ready to turned into bombs, another 50 already prepared, as well as fuel stocks and hoods for hiding rioters' faces, senior Justice Ministry official Jean-Marie Huet told The Associated Press. Police arrested six people, all under 18.

The discovery Saturday night, he said, shows that gasoline bombs "are not being improvised by kids in their bathrooms."
Voilà! Someone get Hans Blix to Paris, ASAP!

I don't know about anyone else, but I knew from the start this wasn't just youths seeking "recognition" of their "cultural identity."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

The fact that a Justice Ministry official actually expressed surprise that there would be bomb-making factories involved with this uprising explains quite well why they have not been able to quash the riots.

And make no mistake, that's what they're going to have to do. This isn't a bunch of youth running around smashing things because they're angry, youth who can be "calmed."

The people committing violence will have to be ruthlessly put down.

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, how exactly do I say this? When the police say “gasoline bomb-making factory” I have to stop and think. I've got about twenty bottles in the recycle bin, plenty of rags, and enough gasoline on hand. I could have a bunch of Molotov cocktails in about fifteen minutes or so if I wished. Not gasoline bombs of course. Check Websters defonition of “bomb”

http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=bomb

1 a : an explosive device fused to detonate under specified conditions

Unless there is something more sophisticated than pouring gas in a bottle and adding a rag, this is dramatic BS.

Whenever I see overly dramatic chud spewing from the mouths of pigs or their lackeys, I have to wonder if I'm getting the truth. Whether it is door-to-door gun searches in New Orleans, mass preventive arrests and detentions at pier 57 during the GOP convention, or “Free Speech Zones” at the DNC, The press mostly get it wrong and they swallow the BS the police feed them.

That being said, I am sure that it's more than, as you say, “youths seeking "recognition" of their "cultural identity"”.

Monday, November 07, 2005 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home