Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A new twist on an old scam

I received this e-mail today, a new twist on the Nigerian scam. The link is to Snopes.com, an excellent site dedicated to debunking urban legends and warning people about scams.

> From: "Mrs. Elena Akhmad Kadyrov."
>
> Subject:
>
> Dearest,
>
> Happy New Year,Am very happy we ALL WITNESS THIS
> BLESSING YEAR OF
> 2005 AND I HOPE THAT BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD
> THIS 2005 IT WILL BE
> OUR
> YEAR OF PROGERSS IN JESUS NAME Amen,
> I am very sure that this mail will bring lots of
> surprises and
> Curiosity
> to you since there was no previous correspondence
> before now between
> us.I am the wife of Late Mr. Akhmad Kadyrov,The
> President of Chechnya,
> who was killed in a bomb attack early last year
> (2004) in a parade
> ground.My husband told me before his death that he
> has a deposit of
> ($700.Million dollars.)which
> he deposited overseas and handed to me all the
> documents which my
> Lawyer has confirmed with the bank. Right now I am
> looking for an
> Investor
> who will help me to invest the total sum in the west
> and after which I
> will relocate to your country.
> The security situation in Chechnya does not warrant
> me to do much
> from here; therefore I have designated my family
> lawyer who will
> coordinate every aspect of the fund transfer and the
> investment with
> your
> assistance.I am ready to concede up to 30% of the
> funds to you as your
> share
> if
> you will help me to pull the funds and invest it in
> your country which
> has a stable economy.
> Upon receipt of your acceptance letter, I will
> introduce you to my
> family lawyer who will relate with you on how the
> transfer can be
> done in the shortest possible time.
>
> Awaiting your Urgent response.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mrs. Elena Akhmad Kadyrov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home